Friday, August 7, 2015
02. Asystole, PEA, pulseless VT, and pulseless VF
03. C- Check responsiveness and breathing. Check for a carotid pulse. Compressions
A-Open airway and using head-tilt chin lift or jaw thrust maneuver. B-Give two rescue breaths observing for chest rise and fall then resume compressions
04. 120 – 200 J depending upon the manufactures suggested setting. If unknown, then begin at 200 J.
05. Anterior/posterior or Apex/right chest wall
06. The provider delivering ventilations should give 1 breath every 6 to 8 seconds (8 to 10 breaths per minute) and should be careful to avoid hyperventilating the patient.
07. Vasopressin 40 u IV may be given as a onetime dose before epinephrine or as a second dose after the initial dose of epinephrine.
08. Amiodarone 300 mg may be given IV/IO. If Aminodarone is unavailable then Lidocaine 1 – 1.5 mg/kg IV/IO
09. Epinephrine 1 mg IV/IO- may repeat every 3-5 minutes. Vasopressin 40 U IV/IO- may substitute for the first or second dose of epinephrine.
10. Epinephrine, Vasopressin, Amiodarone, Lidocaine, Magnesium