1. Which of the following may be a causative factor related to this rhythm?
a. Respiratory cycle
b. Caffeine ingestion
c. Intraventricular conduction delays
2. During surgery your patient's DDD pacemaker was switched to the VOO mode to provide asynchronous pacing. In the pacemaker codes, what does the third O mean?
a. The chamber that is paced
b. The response of the chamber to the sensed: triggered or inhibited
c. The chamber that sensed
d. The rate modulation of the chamber
a. Sinus rhythm with sinus arrest
b. Sinus rhythm with a PJC
c. Sinus rhythm with a PVC
d. Sinus rhythm with a PAC
4. The AHA suggests that all of the following medications may be routinely administered during an adult VF/VT cardiac arrest EXCEPT:
b. Sodium bicarbonate
a. Complete heart block
b. Second degree block type I
c. Second degree type II
d. First degree block
1. a. Respiratory cycle
2. b. The response of the chamber to the sensed: triggered or inhibited
3. b. Sinus rhythm with a PJC or two.. The negative or inverted P wave on the ectopic beats indicates that the ectopic beat originated at the level of the AV junction
4. b. Sodium bicarbonate
5. a. Complete heart block. The P - P interval is very consistent. There is a P wave buried in the QRS so this makes it a complete heart block.