01. The answer is: a. It is used in unconscious or semiconscious patients. It should not be used on semiconscious patients. It may stimulate gagging and vomiting
02. The answer is: b. It is measure from the corner of the mouth to the angle of the jaw
03. The answers are: a. Insert it the curve facing up toward the palate. As it passes to back of the oral cavity, rotate it 180 degrees; b. Insert it at a 90-degree angle to the mouth and then turn it down toward the posterior pharynx; c. Insert the OPA straight into the patient’s oral cavity while using a tongue depressor to hold the tongue forward
04. The answer is: d. The NPA is measured from tip of the patient’s nose to the earlobe
05. The answers are: a. The NPA should be lubricated with a water-soluble lubricant prior to insertion; and c. The NPA should be passed through the nose with the beveled edge against the nasal septum. If resistance is met, slightly rotate the tube to facilitate insertion. If resistance continues, then remove the tube and reattempt using the other nostril.